- Perry Williams: Hello Dear, I am strongly agree with your point that the web analytics is associated with the social...
- Philip Sheldrake: Nice overview Marianina. I wanted to post a link to an article in Business Week from June about the...
- Luisa Woods: Hi Marianina, I think you make a very good point about the importance of segmentation. I like to carry...
- Eric T. Peterson: Marianina, Nice to have seen you Monday in London! I just got this post so perhaps something odd is...
- Marianina Manning: Hi Luisa, Thanks for your thought-provoking comment! I agree that new ways of looking at web...
- 7 Ways to make web analytics work better in companies
- Measuring social media, influence, debate, buzz monitoring
- Web analytics winners and losers? It’s the people that make the difference.
- Simple segmentation for your website and better web analytics understanding
- Web Analytics Wednesday in London – the future of web analytics
- Digital cream: revealing debating at econsultancy’s marketing event
- Google Analytics Tip: Ecommerce tracking set up, screenshots and why it’s useful
- Reliving my customer’s experience and some nice screenshots
- Internal site search part 2
- The best charts ever and food for thought for us web analysts
- August 2008 (1)
- May 2008 (1)
- April 2008 (1)
- March 2008 (3)
- February 2008 (2)
- January 2008 (3)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (5)
- October 2007 (4)
- September 2007 (5)
- August 2007 (4)
- July 2007 (6)
- June 2007 (3)
My Blogger Friends
1. Over time will departmentalised/silo-d analytics areas become part of a larger research and analytics function reporting directly to the Financial Director or chief executive officer? Presenting completed analysis or recommendations to executives can be far less effective on an on-going basis than the continuous, informal questioning and answering between managers and analysis. I think [...]
Social networks online, such as Facebook and Myspace are becoming more and more important. Increasingly, marketing through these online social networks will become ever more prevalent. For example, web apps / application onto Facebook’s open API (which means external programmers can add programs and applications to facebook – not just facebook employees). Another example might [...]
Index tools goes free – I had the pleasure of using indextools on a couple of websites last year – and can honestly say that it does favourably compete with other much more expensive tools. So, going free with Yahoo is very good news for business (and for Dennis Mortensen – congrats). Lots of talk [...]
Segmentation and personas are areas of interest to traditional marketing departments. But now with web analytics, consumer segments can be set up and analysed real time and/or historically with many of the standard web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture’s Site Catalyst or Discover, Clicktracks or Webtrends.
If you look at the average conversion rate [...]
Today is Web Analytics Wednesday (WAW) in London, on a Monday and Eric Petersen, the original founder of WAW will be talking about the future of web analytics.
Today at econsultancy’s digital cream, digital marketers, social media – ites, search – ites, and web analytics ites thronged together and debated. It was actually fascinating and informative so a big thank you to econsultancy for organising it and to all the staff for being so helpful. ( I just got back from [...]
A little bit techy today. I know. But really useful stuff.
With Google Analytics, you have the ability to track how many products are bought on your website, with it’s ecommerce tracking. You can also use this for your website, even if you don’t actually sell products but to categorise your lead generation, pdf downloads or [...]
I have been unbelievably, ridiculously busy. Being a career mother, with a two year old toddler, in a big old city like London, makes for very challenging time management.
Anyway, excuses aside. I have been doing some fun and intense web analytic – ey type things recently.
Recently when doing some multi-variate testing, I noticed that there [...]
It’s quite amazing when you begin looking at internal site search.
Recently I started investigating the capabilities of google analytics’ site search and it really has a easy to set up approach with alot of useful metrics that you can define against it.
As long your website uses a url parameter before your internal site search keywords [...]
Whether you use tableau, business objects, excel or something else all together, visualisation of data and in essence ideas, is a huge part of web analytics. It is much easier to understand a good graphic than a thousand words and in fact they can be a beautiful and persuasive call to action.
I was inspired by [...]
- Campaign effectiveness (7)
- Consumer segmentation (3)
- Customer experience (5)
- Engagement metrics (5)
- Events (7)
- Google Analytics (5)
- Ideas (12)
- Influence (3)
- Management theory (2)
- Marketing (18)
- Microsoft Gatineau (1)
- Podcasting (1)
- Site search (2)
- Social Media (7)
- Social media analytics (2)
- Social media strategy (3)
- Statistics (2)
- Virtual Worlds (1)
- Web Analytics (39)
Wordpress theme by Wordpress Themes
Web Analytics Princess by Marianina Chaplin