- Perry Williams: Hello Dear, I am strongly agree with your point that the web analytics is associated with the social...
- Philip Sheldrake: Nice overview Marianina. I wanted to post a link to an article in Business Week from June about the...
- Luisa Woods: Hi Marianina, I think you make a very good point about the importance of segmentation. I like to carry...
- Eric T. Peterson: Marianina, Nice to have seen you Monday in London! I just got this post so perhaps something odd is...
- Marianina Manning: Hi Luisa, Thanks for your thought-provoking comment! I agree that new ways of looking at web...
- 7 Ways to make web analytics work better in companies
- Measuring social media, influence, debate, buzz monitoring
- Web analytics winners and losers? It’s the people that make the difference.
- Simple segmentation for your website and better web analytics understanding
- Web Analytics Wednesday in London – the future of web analytics
- Digital cream: revealing debating at econsultancy’s marketing event
- Google Analytics Tip: Ecommerce tracking set up, screenshots and why it’s useful
- Reliving my customer’s experience and some nice screenshots
- Internal site search part 2
- The best charts ever and food for thought for us web analysts
- August 2008 (1)
- May 2008 (1)
- April 2008 (1)
- March 2008 (3)
- February 2008 (2)
- January 2008 (3)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (5)
- October 2007 (4)
- September 2007 (5)
- August 2007 (4)
- July 2007 (6)
- June 2007 (3)
My Blogger Friends
8 conversion rate tactics below to help increase conversion rates on your website.
1. People Click On What They Want
People navigate the web by “scent”, Byran Eisenberg, conversion guru and persuasion architect, tells us. Scent was first described by Xerox PARC to describe the parallels between a human’s information-gathering techniques on the Web and an animal’s [...]
What are cookies?
Cookies identify visits to a website via anonymous bits of data and numbers and remember each individual who visits a website and everything that they do anonymously. Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory. Without a cookie every time you open a new web page the server where that page is [...]
If you are a company with a sizeable email marketing budget and list you will be interested in increasing sales or increasing leads. But what should you key performance indicators be?
Some choices for a ecommerce-driven business are:
Sales (total sales, sales by campaign/type/segment/cell, per e-mail delivered)
Profit/margin per e-mail sent and campaign level
List growth/churn (size of database, [...]
Microsoft gatineau beta has just sent me an invite. It includes features such as being able to track your visitors and clicks, marketing campaign reporting, goal conversion tracking and which they are beefing up with the demographic data from passport (30million people have passport accounts I hear).
If you haven’t already done so, request a beta [...]
1. Over time will departmentalised/silo-d analytics areas become part of a larger research and analytics function reporting directly to the Financial Director or chief executive officer? Presenting completed analysis or recommendations to executives can be far less effective on an on-going basis than the continuous, informal questioning and answering between managers and analysis. I think [...]
Have I missed any out? Which do you prefer? My preference is for a hybrid model with a web analytics solution that uses [...]
Click here to see and also listen to my presentation of how Rightmove are using in this particular case tealeaf to understand their customer experience better and replay exactly what their visitors did and see it in their eyes (I’ve saved the presentation using Jing Project which is absolutely fab).
The presentation is just under 5 [...]
This Thursday 8th Nov I’ll be presenting at the London Stock Exchange and next wednesday 14th Nov at Web Analytics Wednesday in London’s covent garden. As we move beyond pure web analytics, to trying to get into our customer’s head to understand their experience on our website, how can customer experience management tools help us.
There are [...]
As web analysts, at times to fully get to the heart of an business issue we need to bring together web analytics metrics with empathy of the customer experience.
This is where customer experience management tools, which are not cheap, such as tealeaf and speedtrap have created a niche, and include a browser replay feature of individual [...]
With my web analytics association social media hat on, this week I was at the Virtual Worlds Conference, there was much talk of what brands are doing in these worlds such as Second life, Habbo Hotel and There.com. These worlds are constantly and quickly adapting given the competitive landscape, the nature of the internet and other services competing for [...]
- Campaign effectiveness (7)
- Consumer segmentation (3)
- Customer experience (5)
- Engagement metrics (5)
- Events (7)
- Google Analytics (5)
- Ideas (12)
- Influence (3)
- Management theory (2)
- Marketing (18)
- Microsoft Gatineau (1)
- Podcasting (1)
- Site search (2)
- Social Media (7)
- Social media analytics (2)
- Social media strategy (3)
- Statistics (2)
- Virtual Worlds (1)
- Web Analytics (39)
Wordpress theme by Wordpress Themes
Web Analytics Princess by Marianina Chaplin