- Perry Williams: Hello Dear, I am strongly agree with your point that the web analytics is associated with the social...
- Philip Sheldrake: Nice overview Marianina. I wanted to post a link to an article in Business Week from June about the...
- Luisa Woods: Hi Marianina, I think you make a very good point about the importance of segmentation. I like to carry...
- Eric T. Peterson: Marianina, Nice to have seen you Monday in London! I just got this post so perhaps something odd is...
- Marianina Manning: Hi Luisa, Thanks for your thought-provoking comment! I agree that new ways of looking at web...
- 7 Ways to make web analytics work better in companies
- Measuring social media, influence, debate, buzz monitoring
- Web analytics winners and losers? It’s the people that make the difference.
- Simple segmentation for your website and better web analytics understanding
- Web Analytics Wednesday in London – the future of web analytics
- Digital cream: revealing debating at econsultancy’s marketing event
- Google Analytics Tip: Ecommerce tracking set up, screenshots and why it’s useful
- Reliving my customer’s experience and some nice screenshots
- Internal site search part 2
- The best charts ever and food for thought for us web analysts
- August 2008 (1)
- May 2008 (1)
- April 2008 (1)
- March 2008 (3)
- February 2008 (2)
- January 2008 (3)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (5)
- October 2007 (4)
- September 2007 (5)
- August 2007 (4)
- July 2007 (6)
- June 2007 (3)
My Blogger Friends
I am interested in web analytics, improving marketing effectiveness and business intelligence.
Based in London, England, I am heading up web analytics with Rightmove. Rightmove is the UK’s largest online property website and the 10th largest website in the UK (in terms of pages served from the UK). That means their site has more traffic than sites such as the BBC, Autotrader, Tesco, and Lastminute. Over 75% of all estate agents, lettings agents and property developers in the country advertise all their properties on the site and the company has transformed from a small privately-owned start-up to a FTSE 250 company in just 6 years.
Previously, I have worked as a web analyst and online marketing strategist for clients such as Saab, BBT (global recruitment agency), Powwownow (Skype competitor) and London Stock Exchange. Ten years experience in increasingly more challenging roles developing web analytics and online marketing services, providing the commercial realities behind client online marketing performance and improving overall website and marketing performance.
Web analytics from a business strategic perspective used to drive increased revenue, better business decisions and increase conversion rates. Analyze website data and online marketing campaigns, test and optimise different web page designs (multi-variate testing) and optimise marketing campaigns to drive increases in the conversion rate and ultimately the bottom line for clients. Analysis and judgement to all aspects of the strategic development of the interactive business. Close direct liaison with internal developers on specification, implementation and refinement of sites and tracking and implementation of page naming and tagging conventions.
I am half English and half Colombian (hispanic that’s right) and was brought up here in London. However, I have also lived in Paris, Colombia, Costa Rica and more recently New York for 2 years 99-01 where I founded a dot com with funding from IBM. Qualified anthropologist (wasn’t it Berners-Lee who said the internet was the largest anthropological experiment the world has ever seen?), web marketer and strategist.
If you’d like to get in touch, please drop me an email on blog at marianina dot com or hopefully see you at the next web analytics wednesday or emetrics conference. Or get in touch via the Web Analytics Association (WAA) where I am a committee member.
- Campaign effectiveness (7)
- Consumer segmentation (3)
- Customer experience (5)
- Engagement metrics (5)
- Events (7)
- Google Analytics (5)
- Ideas (12)
- Influence (3)
- Management theory (2)
- Marketing (18)
- Microsoft Gatineau (1)
- Podcasting (1)
- Site search (2)
- Social Media (7)
- Social media analytics (2)
- Social media strategy (3)
- Statistics (2)
- Virtual Worlds (1)
- Web Analytics (39)
Wordpress theme by Wordpress Themes
Web Analytics Princess by Marianina Chaplin